Monday, January 25, 2010

Time flies

Beginning week 4.... today was another day of prenatals, another LONG day. It seems every week is a long day of back to back prenatals. Sometimes it's hard to be "on" all that time. What's really hard though is being the apprentice and keeping my mouth shut. Anyone who knows me knows I like to talk and that I have a pretty good knowledge base. Even Janessa has commented that I'm fairly knowledgeable. None the less these are her clients so regardless of what I know or what I think I know I really need to keep my mouth shut unless asked to comment. I don't always do well with this. I have a tendency to interrupt, or when I think a person is searching for a word I give it to them, but I do it a lot, so it's more like consistent, casual interruptions than anything helpful. I also have to really think about how I word things. Like today Joy asked if I thought this lump was head or butt, I felt it, felt at the pelvis and thought that it was probably butt. Well Janessa came over and felt and said that was head. My response "You think that's head?!" it sounded a bit condescending I think, or like I was questioning her findings rather than questioning what brought her to that conclusion. There is a way to ask why someone thinks something in a way that doesn't suggest they are wrong and I think I failed at asking that way.

On a personal note I've accomplished NOTHING the whole time I've been here! I've been pretty busy with Janessa and it seems I've had no time to do any of the things on my list. I had a huge list of projects like handouts on protein and GBS that I wanted to do and it seems I'm getting back to my hotel in time to eat and go to bed. I'm missing my kids and husband something awful! I feel like the tears are just waiting to spill over. I can't wait to see them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home