Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Week One

So it's been a week since I came to Arkansas. It's been good, but difficult. I feel like I'm running constantly. I've done two full days of prenatals, and this last Monday was FULL!! We weren't done until 8pm! I have one birth, which I caught!! wahoo! This was a mama that is known to go really fast, it was her fifth, and my hotel just happened to be really close to her. I managed to make it there with 10 minutes to spare! When I got there mama was in the tub and doing really well, hardly looked like she was in labor. It was just about 5 minutes after I got there that she started to grunt at the top of contractions. Baby had a a nuchal cord wrapped twice, one of those wraps was really tight. So tight that I actually thought it was baby chub, and the baby somersaulted out. Thankfully he screamed right away and was pink within the minute. It all went really well and Janessa was there before the placenta could deliver and mom was up and running around as soon as the placenta was out. You'd never guess she had just had a baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home