Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tripping

Have you ever felt like you just kept tripping up, one obstacle after another was in your path keeping you from reaching your destination? I feel like the finish line is so close, I'm almost there and we've (husband and I)felt all along that this was the path God wanted us on. We prayed, we laid out our fleeces, we truly felt that we were following God's lead, not forcing our way or stepping out from where He wanted us. Now I'm second guessing that. I can't go into details but two HUGE obstacles have surfaced in the last week, one for each of us. I don't know how to discern if these obstacles are God saying, "nope, that's not where I want you" or Satan trying to push us from the path that we are supposed to be traveling. If it's God I want to stand back and see where He wants us to go, what He wants us to do. If it's Satan I want to push on through and fight to the finish. How do I know the difference? This is a huge crux for our family, either direction we go will have a huge impact on us for years to come this isn't a decision we can take lightly. I've prayed, and poured out my heart to Jesus and He has brought Jer 29:11 to me on 3 separate occasions.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

But I don't know how to take that. Yes I understand that He knows the plans He has for us, and He wants us to prosper. But that doesn't really help me know which path I am supposed to take. Once again I think God could accomplish a lot if He would just use email.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home