Wednesday, May 05, 2010

International Midwives Day

the day of the Midwife has me thinking about what it is to be a midwife... For me, in a single sentence it is "To touch the hand of God on a regular basis." I've never felt more the presence of God than I do at a birth, even births of non-believers. So many times it feels as if His hand is right there, just on the other side of the perineum, cradling that baby as it is brought forth. As my hand reaches forth to catch the baby His lets go and our fingertips brush for just an instant. It's the most amazing thing in the world, and yet it happens a thousand times everyday. It is a miracle, that constantly occurs, an "everyday miracle".

I don't know why I have been called to be part of this miracle, but I'm grateful for it. Thank you Lord for blessing me with this work, for opening the doors for training, and thank you Janessa for putting up with me while I learn and being so willing to pass on the craft of being with woman. Thank you Nathan for supporting me and being the single father while I'm away so much, and thank you children for understanding that you are the most important thing to me, but in this moment I have work to do. Thank you to my friends and family for your support and faith in me. My prayer is that I will be able to rise to the calling the Lord has given me and someday be the trusted woman helping other women discover the miracle, strength and blessing in becoming a mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home