Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Oh yes lets induce at 39wks

because you might go to fast!! What on earth! A woman on a board I frequent recently posted that her doctor is concerned that her labor is going to go to fast. Her first was 5 hours and she doesn't want her "stuck in traffic having a baby". So instead lets pump you up with artificial chemicals, increase your risk of c-section, uterine rupture, maternal infection. Let's reduce your pain coping mechanisms and your bodies natural hormone flow all so we don't risk the baby coming without us being ready.
And the response... Oh my goodness!
My boss was in the hospital hallway when she nearly gave birth to her third son...she was going thru labor so fast they couldn't even give her an epidural and were telling her NOT to push because they weren't prepared to catch the baby!!! So I think she must know what she's talking about!

We live almost 2 hours from the hospital, so a friend of ours had hers induced at 39.5 weeks and had her second baby after 2 hours. It went so fast! It's definitely something to consider, so it's good you have lots of time!
yes let's bring our babies into the world as early as possible!! Who cares if they are ready or not! I'm just blown away at the naivete of some of these women and their apparent lack of desire to educate themselves. Yes I was naive once too, but I did everything I could to educate myself!
I really just want to cry, these poor women will never know the empowerment that birth can be! They'll never know how strong their body really is and how awesome the whole biological dance is.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home