Monday, November 14, 2005

No brainer

Well it started as any other day, nauseus beyond words and to top it off it seems that I strained my abdominal muscles so I'm staying in bed on my side so the water bed can support my belly. What is a girl to do when she's in bed all day other than surf the web? So I'm on this pregnancy board, it's very mainstream, and they have a formula feeders area. I knew I shouldn't have looked, but I was curious. So I'm looking around and most stuff is pretty benine when I come across this post
My son is 6 weeks old and I have been bf him the entire time..I did try to supplement with similac and soy while waiting for my milk supply to come in and he projectile vomited both times with the formula. So my milk supply came in and he does fine nursing except he has really bad gas which I think he may have allergies because my daughter displayed the same behaviors (very fussy, gassy, crying all the time) wants to nurse every hour. I have eliminated diary out of my diet and he seems to do better but still fussy and he has been this way since birth..so its not colic. I did think he had reflux because he has wet burps but he never spits up on my breast milk. So the ped but him on 1ml of Zantac twice a day.

I am sooo tired and I really hate bf at this point..he is doing well..he is 14 lbs. So I decided to switch him to formula this week. OMG, it was horrible. I started with Alimentum because that is what my daughter took and thrived on it starting at 7 weeks and because of his similar allergies. He took 3 ounces and fell asleep..I was so excited. He woke up an hour later and took 4 ounces and then the projectile vomiting began and did not stop until 8pm (tried giving him soy to and he would throw that up the minute I tried to burp him) that night when I finally gave him my breast milk and he stopped instantly and nursed fine the rest of the evening with no vomiting.

So I called my ped and they said it could take 3 days for his body to adjust to the formula..I can not have my child vomiting for 3 days..he was throwing up everything.. and he stopped wetting his diapers. They to try another hypoallergic formula but I am so scared because of the vomiting.

Has anyone had this happen to them? I know I have read a few posts about mixing formula with the breast milk..how long did you do this before they took a baby of just formula? I don't think it is his reflux because he doesn't vomit my breast milk..he is just fussy on my breast milk or could the formula make his reflux worse?

Please help!!



WHAT THE HELL!!! It took everything I had within me to keep from posting what I'm about to write here... I didn't post it, because I seriously doubt it would do any good.
Why would you subject your baby to that kind of torture because you are tired of breastfeeding? What kind of self person does that? I mean how many people would voluntarily eat something everyday that they know is going to cause horrid vomiting and dehydration?
I'm just flabbergasted that someone would even need to post about that? I mean, HELLO!, continue to breastfeed you twit!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home