Wednesday, October 03, 2007

First day jitters

It was almost like the first day of school. That anxious, worry, dread feeling. You know what I'm talking about, you're so excited and anxious to get started you could pee yourself, but at the same time you're so worried you're going to look like a fool and say something stupid you could vomit.

I have a tendency to dominate conversations and say too much. Offer my opinion when no body asked for it and interject when I really need to keep quite; so my prayer the whole hour and a half drive was that I would keep my mouth shut! I think I did pretty well.

I got there a few minutes late and M was already with a client. I walked in and she introduced me and handed me a chart! Thankfully their prenatal charts are pretty straight forward and it wasn't too hard to figure out what went where.

I got to meet some neat ladies who hopefully I'll be able to be at their birth and I got to talk to M a bunch. She's so sweet and she loves to talk!! I'm so incredibly greatful for this opportunity, I was crying like a pageant winner this afternoon as I realized how long I've been waiting for this and that it is FINALLY HAPPENING!!!!!!!! It's a little overwhelming, to think that I'm finally doing something actually productive towards my goal of midwife. I'm just so happy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home